quarta-feira, 16 de outubro de 2013

Slack up




Transcript of Coach Shane videos:

Slack up (video 279).

Check it out at www.dailyeasyenglish.com
 
Hello everybody!
Welcome back to E3 (E-cubed).
Now, we studied the expression a slacker, and we studied the expression to slack off. So, being a slacker is not good. Slacking off, we all do that. Don’t slack off too much and don’t be a slacker, but we all need to slack off. So, today, I’m going to teach you another slack related expression and I’ll give you the meaning of slack. Today, we are going to learn to slack up on somebody, slack up on him, you need to slack up. So, to slack up on somebody means to relax, don’t be so hard, quickly pushing, quick driving, relax being nicer, this is the idea and this probably comes from horses, well, a horse and carriage. So, this a carriage, and once again, a wagon, this is such a terrible picture and people are inside, this is the old west, cowboys, and here is the driver. I apologize my terrible art, and out here we’ve got a couple of horses, I’m sorry, and now this is the coacher of the drive and he has reins and these are leather ropes that are attached to the horses. So, if he is holding the reins tightly, it will tell the horse to either stop or to go really fast. Okay, so if he has the reins tightly and he polls on the reins the horses will stop, but he has the reins tightly, and he is whipping the horses, the horses will go fast. Do you understand? So,  now it is tightly but then he relax the reins and the tension in the horses relax, the horse feels relaxed, there’s no tightness, now the horse will just walk nicely, maybe they’ll stop, but they not going to too fast. It’s going to be a gentle ride, okay? So, when this rope is held tightly, we say tight or tightly, but when he’s held loss or loosely, we say the rope has slack. So, the rope give it some slack loosen up, don’t be so tight, you need to slacking up, you need to relax, you should slack up on him, don’t be so hard on him, be nicer to him, relax. This is the idea. Slack is relaxed. The opposite of slack, tight. Do you understand?

Let’s check out the dialogue:

YOU’RE TOO HARD ON YOUR SON.
HE NEEDS TO LEARN.
YOU SHOULD SLACK UP A BIT.
NO. KIDS NEED TO LEARN.

When I was young, my father did not slacking up on me. He was a tough dad and he held those reins tight. He controlled me and if I did something wrong, he disciplined me. My dad was tough, but I think I became a pretty good person. I have pretty good discipline and, yeah, so, and I have a son and I’m sometimes pretty tough on my son. So, maybe I need to slack up. This is a dilemma. I think maybe nowadays parents are too slack with their children. I think they need to be tighter, I think they need to be tougher. What do you think? Are you tough on your children or are you pretty slack? Do you slacking up on your children? Did your father was he tough on you or was he pretty nice to you? Once again, to slacking up means to be nicer, the boss needs to slacken up by on you. Your parents need to be slackening up to you. Your teacher, I wish my teacher would slack up on me. They’re great expressions and give your opinion about raising children. Should we slack up on children? Should we slacking up? We say both or should we be tighter, should we be tougher. Me, I think we should be tougher. Actually, that’s the idea of DDM. DDM is a hardcore English class. It’s a great class, excellent class, but I don’t go easy on you. I don’t slacking up. I Keep going. I keep pushing, cause I want you to master English language. So, if you are not a DDM member, I want you to join, and I’ll give you a free lesson. Send me an email. Dailydictationmembers@gmail.com and I’ll send you a sample DDM lesson and if you liked it, if you think you can handle it, I want you join, not promise, I won’t slacking up. I’ll be tough and the benefits will be yours. One day you master the English language. Alright and goodbye.


TRADUÇÃO LIVRE PARA O PORTUGUÊS

Afrouxar (descuidar, relaxar, dar mole, dar moleza) - vídeo 279

Olá pessoal!

Bem-vindo de volta ao E3 (E-cubed).

Estudamos a expressão ‘preguiçoso’, e a expressão ‘relaxar’. Assim, ser um preguiçoso não é bom. Relaxar, todos nós fazemos isso. Não relaxe demais e não seja um preguiçoso, mas todos nós precisamos relaxar, descansar. Então, hoje, eu vou te ensinar outra expressão relacionada com afrouxar e eu vou dar-lhe o significado de ‘dar mole. Hoje, vamos aprender a dar mole em alguém, dar moleza par ele, é preciso afrouxar. Assim, dar mole em alguém significa relaxar, não seja tão duro, relaxe sendo mais agradável, esta é a idéia e a expressão provavelmente vem de cavalos, bem, um cavalo e uma carruagem. (Desenhando) Então, este é um carro, e mais uma vez, um vagão, este é um desenho tão horrível e as pessoas está dentro, este é o velho oeste, vaqueiros, e aqui está o condutor. Peço desculpas pela minha horrorosa arte, e aqui temos um par de cavalos (eu sinto muito) e agora este é o condutor da carruagem e ele tem as rédeas e estas são cordas de couro que estão atadas aos cavalos. Então, se ele está segurando as rédeas com força, ele vai dizer para o cavalo parar ou ir mais rápido. Ok, então se ele usa as rédeas com força e ele puxa as rédeas dos cavalos, eles vão parar, mas ele tem as rédeas com força, e ele está chicoteando os cavalos, os cavalos vão rápido. Você entendeu? Então, agora é força, mas depois ele afrouxa as rédeas e a tensão nos cavalos relaxa, o cavalo se sente relaxado, não há aperto, agora o cavalo só vai andar bem, talvez eles vão parar, mas não vão muito rápido. Vai ser um passeio suave, ok? Assim, quando a corda é mantida firme, dizemos apertada ou firme, mas quando ela é folgada, dizemos que a corda tem folga. Então, a corda dá alguma folga, não é tão apertada, você precisa dar mole, você precisa relaxar, você deve afrouxar a pressão sobre ele, não seja tão duro com ele, seja mais agradável com ele, relaxe. Essa é a idéia. Afrouxar é relaxar. O oposto de moleza, apertado. Você entendeu?

Vamos ver o diálogo:

Você é muito duro com seu filho.
Ele precisa aprender.
Você deve relaxar um pouco.
Não. As crianças precisam aprender.

Quando eu era jovem, meu pai não dava moleza para mim. Ele era um pai duro e ele segurou as rédeas com firmeza. Ele me controlava e se eu fizesse algo errado, ele me disciplinava. Meu pai era difícil, mas acho que me tornei uma boa pessoa. Eu tenho muito boa disciplina e, sim, sim, e eu tenho um filho e eu às vezes sou muito duro com o meu filho. Então, talvez eu precise afrouxar. É um dilema. Acho que hoje em dia os pais são demasiados frouxos com seus filhos. Acho que eles precisam ser mais firmes, acho que eles precisam ser mais durões. O que você acha? Você é duro com seus filhos ou você é muito frouxo? Você está dando moleza para seus filhos? O seu pai era que ele duro com você ou que ele era bem legal com você? Mais uma vez, dar mole significa ser mais agradável, o chefe precisa dar moleza para você. Seus pais precisam ser moles com você. Seu professor, eu queria que meu professor desse moleza para mim. Estas são grandes expressões e dê a sua opinião sobre a criação de filhos. Devemos dar mole para as crianças? Devemos afrouxar? Dizemos ambas ou deveríamos ser mais durões, devemos ser mais firmes. Para mim, eu acho que devemos ser mais durões. Na verdade, essa é a idéia do método DDM. DDM é uma aula de Inglês pesada. É uma grande aula, aula excelente, mas eu não dou moleza para você. Eu não afrouxo. Eu continuo indo. Eu continuo empurrando, porque eu quero que você domine o idioma Inglês. Então, se você não é um membro do DDM, eu quero que você participe, e eu vou te dar uma aula gratuita. Envie-me um e-mail. Dailydictationmembers@gmail.com e eu vou enviar-lhe uma lição DDM e se você gostar, se você acha que pode lidar com isso, eu quero que você entre, não é promessa, não vou dar moleza. Eu vou ser duro e os benefícios serão seus. Um dia você vai dominar o idioma Inglês. Tudo bem e até logo.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário