sexta-feira, 15 de novembro de 2013

back in the saddle


Transcript of Coach Shane’s videos

Back in the saddle (video 309).

Check it out at www.dailyeasyenglish.com

Hello everybody!

Welcome back to E3 (E-cubed).

Today a great expression, especially for me, it’s a very meaning full expression today. The expression is: I’m back in the saddle. I’m back in the saddle. I am back in the saddle. What does this expression mean? Well, it comes from cowboys. Let me explain. So, this is a horse. That’s a horse and I’m a cowboy and do I just seat on the horse? No, no, no, no. There’s this big leather thing, like a seat, and then there is someplace like that to put my foot, and there is maybe a place like a hold on and here some rope, reins, we call that reins. These are reins. This is called a saddle. Saddle. That’s a saddle. We seat in the saddle. Okay? So, but my horse doesn’t like me. So, my horse …. And it throws me. Uuuuuuh. And I’m gone. But I don’t give up. I stand up. I dust myself off and I go back into this saddle. I try again. I’m doing it again. I didn’t give up. I didn’t quit. I’m back. I’m back in the saddle. It’s a great expression in America, and for me, it’s really true. But I’ll explain that after you listen to the dialogue:

HEY, LONG TIME NO SEE!
YEAH, I WAS SUPER BUSY.
IT’S GOOD TO SEE YOU EXERCISING AGAIN.
YES! I’M BACK IN THE SADDLE!

So, this dialogue maybe takes place at the fitness center, the health center and one guy: “Oh, long time no see”. Yeah, I was busy but I’m back in the saddle. So the guy was busy. He couldn’t exercise for a long time. A week, two weeks, a month, but now he is back in the saddle meaning everything is normal, and he is continuing where he left up. He’s back and he’s going forward. It’s a great expression. Back in the saddle, we can just say, I’m back. I’m back, but if you want that American flavor, I’m back in the saddle. Now, personally for me, we don’t only have this channel, we also have another YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/dailydictation, yeah, and about three weeks ago, I did something stupid and I lost the channel, it disappeared, but YouTube helped to me and they brought back my channel. It’s great. All my videos are there, it’s great. However, subscribers disappeared. I lost my subscribers. So, now, if you’re a daily dictation fan, if you don’t know about the channel, go there and I’m back in the saddle. I’m doing lessons again on daily dictation. Those lessons are all free. We have 249 lessons. That’s a lot of lessons.  They are all free and daily dictation will help you with your listening skills, your pronunciation skills, and your English comprehension. So, listening is the focus. We work on pronunciation, because these two are connected and, of course, English comprehension and American culture. It’s a great channel and I thought I lost it but no! I’m back in the saddle. I’m back in the saddle again. The song is by Aerosmith. If you like heavy metal I encourage you to listen to that song and I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye, bye.



TRADUÇÃO LIVRE PARA O PORTUGUÊS

Eu estou de volta! (vídeo 309)

Olá pessoal!

Bem vindo de volta ao e-cubo.

Hoje, uma grande expressão, especialmente para mim, é uma expressão de muito significado. A expressão é: estou de volta. Estou de volta. Estou de volta. O que essa expressão significa? Bem, vem dos cowboys. Deixe-me explicar. Assim, isto é um cavalo. Isso é um cavalo e eu sou um cowboy e eu só assento no cavalo? Não, não, não, não. Há essa coisa grande de couro, como um assento, e tem um lugar como esse para colocar o meu pé, e talvez um lugar como esse e aqui uma corda, rédeas, chamamos isso de rédeas. Tratam-se de rédeas. Isso é chamado de sela. Sela. Isso é uma sela. Nós sentamos na sela. Ok? Então, mas o meu cavalo não gosta de mim. Então, meu cavalo.... E ele me joga. Uuuuuuh. E eu vou embora. Mas eu não desisto. Eu me levanto. Eu me limpo e volto para a sela. Eu tento de novo. Eu faço isso novamente. Eu não desisti. Eu não desisti. Estou de volta. Estou de volta na sela. É uma grande expressão nos Estados Unidos, e, para mim, é realmente verdade. Mas eu vou explicar depois de você ouvir o diálogo:

Ei, quanto tempo sem te ver!
Sim, eu estava super ocupado.
É bom vê-lo se exercitando novamente.
Yes! Estou de volta!


Então, esse diálogo talvez ocorra no centro de fitness, centro de saúde e um cara: " Oh, quanto tempo sem te ver." Sim, eu estava ocupado, mas estou de volta. Então o cara estava ocupado. Ele não pode se exercitar por um longo tempo. Uma semana, duas semanas, um mês, mas agora ele está de volta significado que tudo está normal, e ele continua de onde ele parou. Ele está de volta e está indo em frente. É uma grande expressão. Estou de volta, podemos apenas dizer, estou de volta. Estou de volta, mas se você quiser o sabor americano, estou de volta. Agora, pessoalmente, para mim, não temos só esse canal, temos também um outro canal no YouTube, www.youtube.com/dailydictation, sim, e há cerca de três semanas atrás, eu fiz algo estúpido e perdi o canal, desapareceu, mas o YouTube me ajudou e trouxeram de volta o meu canal. É ótimo. Todos os meus vídeos estão lá, isso é ótimo. No entanto, os assinantes desapareceram. Perdi meus assinantes. Então, agora, se você é um fã de Daily Dictation, se você não conhece o canal, vá lá e eu estou de volta. Estou fazendo aulas novamente em Daily Dictation. Essas lições são gratuitas. Temos 249 lições. Isso é um monte de lições. Elas são gratuitas e Daily Dictation irá ajudá-lo em suas habilidades de audição, suas habilidades de pronúncia e sua compreensão de Inglês. Assim, ouvir é o foco. Nós trabalhamos na pronúncia, porque esses dois aspectos estão ligados e, é claro, compreensão de Inglês e cultura norte-americana. É um grande canal e eu pensei que eu o havia perdido, mas não! Estou de volta. Estou de volta de novo. A canção é do Aerosmith. Se você gosta de heavy metal, encorajo você a ouvir essa música e eu te vejo amanhã. Tchau.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário