domingo, 10 de novembro de 2013

out in the sticks


Transcript of Coach Shane’s videos  

Out in the sticks (video 304).

Check it out at www.dailyeasyenglish.com

Hello everybody!

Welcome back to E3 (E-cubed).

Today we have a fun expression. It’s actually about me but maybe you too. Out in the sticks. So, out in the sticks, we have two prepositions, out, in, the sticks. The sticks. Well, this is a good expression and it means in the country, but not just the regularly country, far in the country, where there is nobody around, that’s why we say out. Out means way far away. In the sticks means in the woods, in the forest, in the trees. Trees are big sticks. So, out in the sticks means way far into the country.

Check out the dialogue:

I HEARD SHANE MOVED.
YEAH. HE’S OUT IN THE STICKS NOW.
HOW FAR OUT?
FAR. HE LIVES ON A MOUNTAIN WITH NO NEIGHBORS!

That’s right. My neighbors are rabbits, and deer, and hornets, bugs, spiders, lots of grass, lots of birds. Yeah, these are my neighbors. I’m out in the sticks. I used to be in the city, but now I’m out in the sticks and I really enjoy it. Is it lonely? Not at all. I have my cats. My cats and I we live out in the sticks, and I really do like it. What about you? Do you live out in the sticks? Would you like to live out in the sticks? Now, if we take the word out away and just say in the sticks, it means in the country. If we say out in the sticks it means far into the deep country. Does out in the sticks sound nice to you or just in the sticks? Or do you prefer the city? Leave a message down below: I would love to live out in the sticks. I would love to live in the sticks. I would love to live in the city.  You can leave a message like that and I’ll see them all, I see all of your messages and I do that. You guys have a great day and I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye, bye.


TRADUÇÃO LIVRE PARA O PORTUGUÊS

Vivendo no campo, morando na roça (vídeo 304)

Hoje temos uma expressão engraçada. Na verdade, é sobre mim, mas talvez sobre você também. Vivendo no campo. Assim, out in the sticks, temos duas preposições, out (fora), in (dentro), the sticks (as varas). As varas. Bem, esta é uma boa expressão e significa no campo, mas não apenas o campo propriamente dito, longe no campo, onde não há ninguém por perto, é por isso que nós dizemos out (fora). Out (Fora) significa caminho longe. In the sticks (nas varas) significa na mata, na floresta, nas árvores. As árvores são grandes varas. Assim, out in the sticks (vivendo no campo) significa muito longe no campo.

Confira o diálogo:

Ouvi que Shane mudou.
Sim. Ele está está vivendo no campo agora.
Muito longe?
Longe. Ele vive em uma montanha, sem vizinhos!


Certo. Meus vizinhos são os coelhos e veados, e vespas, insetos, aranhas, muita grama, muitos pássaros. Sim, estes são os meus vizinhos. Estou morando no bem longe no campo. Eu costumava morar na cidade, mas agora estou vivendo no campo e eu realmente gosto disso. É solitário? Nem um pouco. Eu tenho os meus gatos. Meus gatos e eu vivemos no campo e realmente gosto disso. E você? Você vive longe no campo? Você gostaria de viver no campo? Agora, se tomarmos a palavra longe e dizermos no campo, isso significa no interior. Se dissermos no campo significa mais para o interior do país. Será que morar bem longe no campo soa bom para você ou apenas no campo? Ou você prefere a cidade? Deixe sua mensagem abaixo: Eu adoraria viver bem longe no campo. Eu adoraria viver no campo. Eu gostaria de viver na cidade. Você pode deixar uma mensagem como essa e eu vou ver todas, eu vejo todas as suas mensagens e eu faço isso. Tenham um grande dia e nos vemos amanhã. Tchau.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário